Now in stock at BPL are two versions of the elegant NYC engine, Commodore Vanderbilt by Precision Scale. This unique engine was an early part of the 1930s effort to streamline and bring more style to the world of passenger transportation. You can find a bit more history on this one of a kind engine here.
We received the following from The Coach Yard:
TCY 1395 – 1941 'City of Portland' - a 15 car set, no power units
In 1941, The Union Pacific had reassigned the M-10004 train sets to become the City of Portland (COP). The 11 car articulated set was repainted and re-lettered for it’s new assignment. Three cars were added to the consist from the M-10002 COP and EMD E3’s were assigned as road power.
The Coach Yard is commissioned to make a 15 car set for the “City of Portland”. We will build only to orders received by December 31, 2016. Please let your customers know. The MSRP is projected to be $10,500.00.
We have the official pickup notice in hand from Precision Scale for boxcab electrics from Milw Road. This project is quite extensive with multiple versions in 2, 3 and 4 units sets, as well as a variety of single units for you to assemble your specific consist. The listings show which models are still available and we have the only remaining streamlined units for your purchase.
The Coach Yard has sent out a post BrassExpo update with several pieces of news for you:
- The Baldwin 2-8-8-2 steam engines for N&W, OR&N, SP, UP, are in production. Expect those to be delivered in January of 2017
- Two train projects are now in the pipeline for mid year 2017 delivery. These are:
- Plans are to follow up on the previous trains with the CB&Q / FW&D Texas Zephyr
- The UP M-10002 CoLA/CoP, M-10004 CoLA and M-10004 CoSF trains are also in the production cycle. These will be limited to 15 sets each, only a couple are still available to reserve.
- The PRR Coach Trains have also received strong response and are moving through development, let us know if there is something your could use:
An existing collection has become new again. This varied group of models has expanded - one users retirement is now your opportunity. Over 20 roads are available in this excellent collection, along with some generic pieces applicable to many roads.
For big power fans, BPL has purchased a collection of late model EMD and GE power. SD70s, AC44s and two SD80MACs are amoung the prime units available here. As you would expect, it is a horse race for...