Deliveries from Precision Scale continue with the next steam engine project, the Frisco Firefly 4-6-2 engines in HO scale. Models have been out since the end of April. We are sold out of the glossy paint scheme units, but can still provide the standard paint versions. PSC also has plans to produce a small Firefly passenger car set (production not yet determined.)
There are 2 new project announcements from Precision Scale:
- Milw Road EF and EP Boxcabs - The list of models for this project is quite extensive. Milw Road had a number of these units and ran them in a variety of groupings. The model listings provide for all of the major classes as original model sets. There are also a number of individual units that can be purchased and numbered for you to create a specific electric set that suits your needs.
- SP Leslie Rotary Snow plows
Here are some upcoming product deliveries and highlights from The Coach Yard:
- SP's mail train, known it as "Sad Sam", is due in April 2014. TCY has just finished the inspection at the production facility in Korea. Cars are being boxed and getting ready for shipping to the USA.
- The SP Official cars and the Santa Fe HW Business cars are now scheduled for July 2014. This run will include a number of 1980's SP "Official Cars"
- Attn: Pennsy Fans - The PRR P70 series Coaches are due in 2014. These has been a addition to the listings for PRSL
- Santa Fe Fans - The AT&SF Express Box car listing has been expanded, adding the SF Green cars with slogans. These will be produced in the Grand Canyon project, which will be ready for delivery in 2015. See also these Pullman cars
- TCY has also had pilot model reviews for:
- Early 2-8-8-2 steam engines for N&W, OR&N, SP and UP
- SAL-Orange Blossom Special
- Treasure Island Special [also called Golden Gate Exposition Special 1938-39]
And now for something completely different... In a bit of a left turn for us, and to help a friend, BPL is happy to provide a small collection of plastic motive power. These pieces are of recent vintage, so the detail level is very good. Some of them...
Over the holidays we were able to acquire a nice set of 'earlier' models - PFM, Tenshodo, Trains Inc., etc... These had been sitting in storage for over 20 years as the original owner had passed away some time ago. Most of the engines needed a bit of...